Artemis Bioservices is located at Yes! Delft Labs, Molengraaffsingel 10 in Delft, The Netherlands. Artemis Bioservices is a Contract Research Organization (CRO), which assists biotech and biopharmaceutical companies to accelerate the development of novel antiviral drugs and viral vaccines, especially against emerging, zoonotic, vector-borne and other neglected diseases.
We are looking for a flexible lab technician willing to work in an inspiring team in a flat organization with social impact.
Are you the person we are looking for to complete our team of Technicians, Scientists, and Study Directors?
The technician validates and performs laboratory tests, confirms results and reports findings to the Study Directors. Furthermore, the technician performs maintenance and troubleshooting on the laboratory equipment by using established laboratory protocols and evaluates QC, calibration, data entry and assessment.
In this role, you will work on different projects (research and commercial) that all contribute to the development and growth of Artemis Bioservices. Specific tasks and methods that you will perform include:
- Sample receive and registration
- Material QC release
- Perform serological assays such as ELISA, neutralization assay, immunofluorescence assay.
- Perform molecular assays such as nucleic acid isolation, qRT-PCR, cloning of viral genes.
- Cell culture, virus culture, and other cellular assay such as ADCC, ADCP in BSL-2 and BSL-3 laboratory
- Assay validation and equipment calibration
- Uses automated equipment and is capable of performing multiple tests in parallel under GLP conditions
- Keeps up to date with developments in laboratory medicine by continuing education and training.
- BSc/MSc-degree in Biomedical Laboratory Research or Life Sciences
- Interest and experience in antiviral drugs and (viral) vaccines development
- Experience with computer systems including Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. The work is monitored by the study directors.
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English and Dutch with the project manager, Artemis Bioservices staff members.
- Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively in a small team to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations.
Conditions Of Employment:
- Temporary 12 months contract with the intention of extension to fulltime;
- Competitive salary, after your first year your salary will be adjusted according to your performance;
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
- 25 holidays and holiday pay on a full time employment.
- Contribution to pension
Are you the person we are looking for to join our growing team?
Send us a motivation letter and your personal resume (email@example.com)
For more information: Byron Martina (firstname.lastname@example.org) / +316 205 437 28)